Did you know that there is way more to detoxifying yourself than just juicing and herbal supplements?
Think about where our toxicity comes from ...
- the household objects and products that we use every day ...
- the stress in our lives and our own thought processes ...
- the food we eat ...
- a "sick" microbiome ...
Detoxing is multifaceted.
- What's the point of removing toxins from your body, if your household sources haven't been removed from your home? You'll be absorbing them even as you're drinking your green smoothies and detox tea.
- What about the trash-talk-stories that are constantly running through your mind? Believe it or not, negative thinking does have physical effects on your body ...
- What about your microbiome? Don't you want the goodies in there to be clean too?
- And finally, if you go back to eating your normal diet after you detox your body, you know what's going to happen, right? More of the same that has been happening to your body over the years.
Now that you know what you're up against, let's get started getting the gunk out!
Detox Your Body
Yes, your body is the best place to start, because as soon as toxins are flushed from your body, and your amazing body is able to operate like it wants to, you will start feeling great: more energy, better focus, more motivation to clean up your life, maybe even losing a few pounds.
I have looked for a long time for products that I trust and can recommend for detoxing and nutrition, and Touchstone Essentials is the best I have found.
How do you get started? I would start with their Detox Super Pack because it starts removing toxins from your whole body, and also specifically from your digestive system, while also supporting your digestive system.
Explore Touchstone Essentials detox products
To learn even more about how to reduce your chemical load, remove toxic substances from your body, and optimize your microbiome, join our 10-Day Detox program - it walks you through the steps of removing sources of toxins, as well as removing toxins from your body, AND you get group support AND unlimited one-on-one support
There are three phases:
- Phase 1: Prep - getting the junk out!
- Phase 2: Detox - cleaning out your body.
- Phase 3: Real Life - learning to keep up the good work.
Detox Your Surroundings
Your "Surroundings" is your immediate environment, i.e. your home, car, office.
The first thing you should do is to search out and remove any and all products that contain "fragrance", "perfume", or "parfum" should all be eliminated, especially room fresheners, home-fragrance of any sort, dryer sheets. Also inspect your hand lotion, shampoo & conditioner, face and body cleansers, and cosmetics. The ingredient "fragrance" or "perfume" is usually at the bottom of the ingredients list.
Need replacements? There are many good brands, and you can check your local Henry's, Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc.
To eliminate cleaning chemicals, and still be able to get your house clean with just using water - and still remove bacteria from home surfaces - I use these products!
Detox Your Beauty
I buy many of my face products and cosmetics from Copal Clean Beauty. The woman who runs this store carefully selects all of the products to be non-toxic.
Keep it Clean!
Finally, make a committment to KEEP your body clean, by feeding it whole (i.e. unprocessed) foods:
Thrive Life Clean Food